Basic Daily Skincare Regimen
It is important to have a daily skin care regimen or routine no matter what type of skin you have. A daily skin care routine is meant to help maintain and your skin and above all improve its appearance and avoid scarring, acne and dark spots. You can do this twice a day – morning and night. When you start with a basic and simple routine, you will be able to see how your skin reacts to boost your skin’s health. For all skin types, it is important to keep the skin hydrated. Here are some tips in achieving this:
- Cleansing: Choosing a cleanser is very important as this could either reduce the natural oils your skin produces or eliminate it all together. It is advisable not to use a cleanser that leaves your skintight after washing. Always make sure that you remove make-up from your skin before you cleanse.
- Exfoliate: It is important to exfoliate the skin once or twice a week to remove dead skin and excess oil from the skin which revitalises the skin back to its original elasticity.
- Toner: A toner can be used to brighten the skin especially when exposed to pollution. It can be used as part of skin care regimen once or twice daily.
- Serums: The use of a serum with vitamin C or vitamin E is best before the application of sunscreen. This can also be used at night to regain elasticity lost during the day.
- Moisturiser: Every skin type needs to be moisturised. You can use gel-based and non-comedogenic moisturisers which are designed not to block your pores for oily skin. For dry skin, it is best to use cream-based moisturisers and natural oils such as shea butter, cocoa butter, argan oil, coconut oil, etc.
- Eye Cream: Prevention of dark spots around the eye area, it is best to use eye cream.
- Sunscreen: Last but not least and most importantly, application of sunscreen is needed to protect the skin from the harshness of the sun. It is imperative that darker skin tones need more sun protection because hyperpigmentation is harder to correct. You could use sunscreen at least 20 - 30 SPF before heading outdoors, as it takes a while for sunscreen to activate.
It is important to use products that fit your skin type and sensitivity. Natural plant-based products are best to use as most of these products are free from synthetic materials that are harsh for the skin. At Creations By Viva Skincare, we ensure that all our products are made from high quality natural plant-based materials to enhance the skin naturally.